    Nikola> Is there a way to get the command line arguments before they
    Nikola> are expanded by the shell?

Nope.  Perl simply doesn't get to see them.  It's part of your
interaction with the shell.

    Nikola> I know I can put it in quotes but is there any other way
    Nikola> around it?

Not as far as I know.  'script.pl file1\* \*file2\*' will pass them
untouched, if you have access to what's happening at the shell level.

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris@void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
         "In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded."