On 3/7/02 2:02 PM, Naveen Parmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Any good text editors for Mac?
>
> I am interested in something that will display at least line #s.
>
> TIA,
> - NP

BBEdit <http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit.html>. (Not BBEdit Lite,
mind you, the full version.)

IMHO, it's the best $120 any Mac
programmer/webmaster/doing-anything-involving-text-er will ever spend on a
3rd party app.

To name a few of its features (ones that I can think of off the top of my
head):

* Syntax coloring for just about every common language including Perl (of
course), Python, PHP, C++, HTML, XML, etc.

* Tons of helpful tool palettes for HTML and Perl (including a way to run
Perl scripts from inside BBEdit.)

* Killer search-replace. It uses "Perl-compatible" regexes for its grepping,
so there's nary a pattern than you can't match and replace.

* Plug-ins. 'Nuf said.

hth,
--
Michael