Hi folks,

I'm creating a GUI front-end for the adsl scripts which need to run as
root. The bash command is usually:

"su root adsl-start". My problem is how to pass the root password which
the user enters into the GUI to this command. Is it possible?

I tried opening a perl pipe like this which worked on windows with gpg:
-----
...."|su root adsl-start"...

print PIPE $passw."\n";
------

and this:..."$passw|su root adsl-start"...
-----

If one of the many attempts "works" syntactically, I still get prompted
at the console.

Is there a way to pass the password with being prompted?

(I'm not new to Perl, but new to Perl on *nix, so I feel like a
beginner again.)

Thanks,

Marcus