You can't do that server side, you would need to use client side JavaScript
in the page to do that.

....What it sounds like though it that you have a user filling in a form, and
if there is a problem with it you want to send them to the form again,
right?

If so, what you want to do is show them the form again and fill in the
blanks with your Perl script.  I usually use something like the
HTML::Template module to do this.  Something like this...

use HTML::Template;

if ( $params_are_bad ) {
  my $tmpl = HTML::Template->new( filename => 'myform.tmpl' );
  $tmpl->param( NAME => $name );
  $tmpl->param( ADDRESS => $address );
  $tmpl->param( PHONE => $phone );

  print $tmpl->output;
  exit;
}

The template will partially look like this...

<form action="foo.cgi">
 Your name: <input type="text" value="<TMPL_VAR NAME="NAME">"><br>
 Your address: <input type="text" value="<TMPL_VAR NAME="ADDRESS">"><br>
 Your phone: <input type="text" value="<TMPL_VAR NAME="PHONE">"><br>
</form>

Basically you just reprint the form for them and fill in the values they
already entered.

Rob