----- Original Message -----
From: "Jenda Krynicky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: getOpt::long?

> From:           Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > I am a true perl newbie.
>
> If you continue like this you will stay one.

:-) Thanks for all the feedback. I had intended to send the assignment as an
attachment and ask about:
1) Configuring my win2k box so that I could use the command line to run a
perl program without having to type 'perl' before the name of the program in
order to execute it, and
2) How to access perl documentation.

C:\>cd perl

C:\Perl>perldoc -f getopt
'perldoc' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Perl>perl -v
'perl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I have installed ActiveState Perl 5.6.1 build 631 on this machine, some time
ago, and have previously written perl scripts on it ( small ones!).

I also have this problem on my laptop.

So I installed Mandrake Linux 8.2 last night, and am even able to find the
info on the getopt module.

Now I just have to buy a supported printer so I can print it out!

Sorry to have bothered.

-michael-