Hello,

In my early (very early) stages of learning perl I've run into a conflict.  I have
access to two linux machines that I practice on (I do not have admin rights).  The
following is a simple script from "Learning Perl." Problem is, it runs on one linux
box, but not the other.

Here is the code:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

print "Enter password files: \n";
chomp(my @file = <STDIN>);
my @reverselist = reverse @file;
print "@reverselist\n";

On the box that it doesn't run on, I get this error:

syntax error at /home/mnorris/perlscripts/lp7.3 line 8, at EOF
Execution of /home/mnorris/perlscripts/lp7.3 aborted due to compilation errors.

~

Surf on! Get a free and secure email account and more @ surfOrbit.com
http://www.surfOrbit.com