drieux [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
*>
*>At one facility we just 'home rolled' a solution in the
*>'build system' that outputted solaris packages - with
*>all of the stock versioning in it so that people on
*>the 'production network' could simply do

Solaris packages aren't really 'home rolling' and take a bit of skill to
put them together properly with pre- and post- install scripts. When
combined with the 'autobundle' feature of CPAN.pm and jumpstart it becomes
a very easy way to distribute consistent packages of perl around the
network. You can do similar things with the BSD ports and I'm sure PPM is
also capable.

e.