Hi Everyone

I've writen a script to copy files from one directory on a remote drive to
another directory on another remote drive. All the machines involved are
either WinNT4.0 or Win2000.

Does any one know if I need to obtain a lock on the source files before
they are copied?

The files I've tried seem undamaged so far but at some point it is possible
that a file could appear in the source directory as the script is being run.

If the answer is yes, Is there a way of obtaining a lock on a file residing
in a remote directory?

Hope someone can help
TVM
James