I spent several hours last night trying to convert an html file
to text, so that I could include it in an email.

Someone from a mailing list sent me a simple perl script, which
worked for my purpose.

However, this script simply eleminates tables and lists.

I am wodering if there isn't a CPAN module already written.
Converting html to text seems like such a common task, that there
ought to be some robust scripts out there. Interestingly enough,
I found many scripts to convert html to rtf and LaTeX and every
other format, but not plain old text!

Paul