Hope this helps.  I made a lot of changes, and I didn't comment them all.

I'm not sure where/how you sent this to the list, but I'm responding back to
the beginners list.  Don't crosspost between lists if you can help it.

                                /\/\ark

# warnings and strict help you to debug your code
use warnings;
use strict;

# warnings requires you to declare your variables before you use them
my $word;
my $key;
my $value;

$inputFile="LogFile.dat";

# Opening LogFile.dat
open (INPUT,$inputFile)||die("Can't open datafile: $!");

# you only want to read from <INPUT> once for each time through the loop.
#You were reading lines that you never did anything with multiple times.
while ($word = <INPUT>){
    chomp $word;
    if ($word ne "<END>") {
        foreach $key (keys %seen){
            if ($word eq $key) {
                $seen{$key}++
# I think you want to just print this once, so I moved it out of the while
loop that reads the file
while ( ($key, $value) = each %seen) {
    print "$key => $value\n";
}