On Friday, April 5, 2002, at 06:57 , Elaine -HFB- Ashton wrote:
[..]
> use ExtUtils::Installed;
> my $instmod = ExtUtils::Installed->new();
> foreach my $module ($instmod->modules()) {
> my $version = $instmod->version($module) || "???";
>        print "$module -- $version\n";
> }
[..]

Ok - that is cool for letting me know which versions of
what I have installed - Thanks - basically coolness incarnate.

My real concern is grovelling through old grot to figure out
like what it Thinks It is dependent upon.

This way folks could self grovel their code and be able to
provide their basic 'my code needs' foo info when presenting
questions about the code....

programme UglyCode.txt
          runs on Perl 5.6.1: built for solaris 2.7
          requires perl library: 'lyrislib.pl'
          uses CGI -  2.752
          uses File::Basename -  2.6
          uses HTML::TreeBuilder -  3.11
          uses LWP::UserAgent -  2.001
          uses SelfLoader -  1.0902
          uses Sys::Hostname -  1.1
          uses URI -  1.18
          uses vars -

Ok, that way I can also say what I know it worked with
when I saw it last....

ciao
drieux

---