Timothy Johnson [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
*>
*>Here's the part I still don't understand, and maybe some of you can show me
*>the light.  What is the difference between local() and my()?  I have never
*>used local(), the only examples I've ever been given involve scoping $_, and
*>if I am ever tempted to do that, I can usually trace it back to a bad
*>algorithm.

I always found the local, my, our mess pretty confusing and the best
explanation is MJD's "Coping with Scoping"

http://perl.plover.com/FAQs/Namespaces.html

Make good note of the text in red :)

e.