I'm sure this is frequently asked, and I am truly sorry if it is, but
reading through my mail I don't see this question anywhere:

Curious as to how I would go about creating bidirectional sockets, ie.
client sends information to the server, then server responds to the
client.  I need to know how to do this so that I can tell whether or not
an operation was successful or not. The server is currently set up like:

while ($new_sock = $sock->accept()) {
   while (defined ($buf = <$new_sock>)) {
       (do something);

I tried printing to $new_sock, but the client obviously isn't listening
- Do I have to create a client/server for both the actual client, AND
the server? Can someone point me in the right direction here? Thanks