> > You are better off trying
> >
> > $SIG{CHLD} = 'IGNORE';
> >
> > at the top of your program and seeing if zombies are left out there.
>
> There were no zombies left after the program termination. Then, I don't
need
> even to push the ids from the children in the stack, right?

Something happened when I tried $SIG{CHLD} = 'IGNORE';
I don't know if it's a related or not.
When a child is forked, it calls an Java program through system(), it used
to return 0 but with $SIG{CHLD} = 'IGNORE'; it returns -1.
I know that Java application exits normally (exit code = 0).
Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Ahmed