Here is all of it (code, platform, error message).
The code is as simple as it gets and it will not compile. Any
ideas are welcome.

My source:
  use strict;
  my $ans=3*12;
  print "3x12=$ans\n";

My platform:  Windows XP and Windows 2000.
My Perl: v5.6.0 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Binary build 618

I am in directory c:\ and invoke this:

perlcc -o z.exe z.pl

Compiling z.pl:
Making C(z.pl.c) for z.pl!
C:\Perl\bin\Perl.exe -IC:/Perl/lib -IC:/Perl/site/lib -I. -MB::Stash -c z.pl
C:\Perl\bin\Perl.exe -IC:/Perl/lib -IC:/Perl/site/lib -I.
-MO=C,l2000,-umain,-uattributes,-uDB,-u<none>,-uWin32,-ustrict z.pl