Hi All -

I am new to this group and coming back to perl after a year long hiatus.

I am using perl on an NT4 server and

I have a batch file that calls a perl script.  (this works flawlessly)

The perl script does some tasks (this also works as planned)

The batch script exits (works well)

I need to do the following:

if the perl script fails I need to pass a variable to the batch file so it
can exit with a proper failure message
  when the perl script succeeds I need to pass a variable to the batch file
so it can exit with a proper success message.

I have tried setting ENV{ERRORLEVEL} on failure I have tried exit()  and
nothing seems to work.

Has anyone seen this before? Can it be done?  How?

Humbly
Paul