From: bob ackerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> could someone explain how this syntax works?
> does the call to member function 'proxy' return the object which is
> then used to call function 'uri' which returns the object which is
> used to call function 'hi' which returns the object which is used to
> call method 'result'?
>
> use SOAP::Lite;
> print SOAP::Lite
>      -> proxy('http://services.soaplite.com/hibye.cgi')
>      -> uri('http://www.soaplite.com/Demo')
>      -> hi()
>      -> result;

Yes, exactly. You could rewrite it as

$obj1 = SOAP::Lite->proxy('http://services.soaplite.com/hibye.cgi');
$obj2 = $obj1->uri('http://www.soaplite.com/Demo');
$obj3 = $obj2->hi();
print $obj3->result;

> and then what is this syntax?:
> use SOAP::Lite +autodispatch =>
>      uri => 'http://www.soaplite.com/Temperatures',
>      proxy => 'http://services.soaplite.com/temper.cgi';
>
> i can't even guess.

1) The plus seems like it doesn't do anything. I don't know why did
they put it there.

2) => is the same as a comma except for the fact that if the thing
before => looks like a word it is "quoted".

use SOAP::Lite 'autodispatch',
     'uri', 'http://www.soaplite.com/Temperatures',
     'proxy', 'http://services.soaplite.com/temper.cgi';

This loads the SOAP::Lite module and calls its import() function
with parameters
        ('autodispatch',
     'uri', 'http://www.soaplite.com/Temperatures',
     'proxy', 'http://services.soaplite.com/temper.cgi')

The import() function will install a handler into your package (if you
don't know what a package is, assume it installs a handler
FULLSTOP) that will catch all undefined functions and interpret
them as SOAP remote method calls.

See "Autoloading" in perldoc perlsub

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me