On Monday, April 22, 2002, at 09:34 , Kingsbury, Michael wrote:

> The question was never asked, but what type of performance difference is
> seen with a perl2exe type compiler?  I develope scripts for Clearcase (a
> commercial CVS-type source revision control system) that are run when a
> file
> is checked in/out etc, and it runs per file.

Good Question!!!! we know how to benchmark perl against perl
reasonably well because of the use Benchmark - it would seem
that you would need to cut something that would 'time' the
execution of executables - in essence 'wrap' them with what
some variant of timex - which I only have in solaris - but
there is probably some similar available....

or you could work with use Benchmark to build a common platform
for running both the exe and the perl code, yes?

ciao
drieux

---