Hi There,

Just a small addition on the remarks :
I don't know if you realy want this to automate, but "vi" can do it as well.

Just type :

:1,$s/[Ctrl + v] [Ctrl + m]//g

The [Ctrl + v] makes you able to type in an escape character.
Most of all the [Ctrl + m] (^M) is bothering you.

:) I know, I know. It's beginners@perl and not beginners@unix.
Just want to help.

Good Luck !!

Regs David