what does this mean in my apache error log? i get it A LOT. someone said
that it was something to do with windows/linux line ending compatibility
probs.

<log snippet>

[Thu Apr 25 23:48:59 2002] [error] (2)No such file or directory: exec of
/web/cgi-bin/genestate/check_login.cgi failed
[Thu Apr 25 23:48:59 2002] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] Premature end of
script headers: /web/cgi-bin/genestate/check_login.cgi

</log snippet>

now the script that is being executed cannot have sent a premature end of
script header, have a look at the WHOLE of the script:

<script snippet>

#!/usr/bin/perl

use CGI qw/:standard/;

$url = "http://www.perl.com/CPAN/";;
print "Location: $url\n\n";
exit;

</script snippet>

what is goin on? it isn't jsut my web server that gives me this, but also
all three of my apache dev servers and an IIS 5.0 dev server on win2k

--
Matthew Harrison
Webmaster