>Is File::Find a standard module?  (It is a module, right?)  I don't know
>anything really about modules except that they exist.  Is this method
>better than using opendir/readdir/closedir?
>
>And back to the original question, is CPAN good for questions like this?
>What do people usually use it for?

File::Find is a standard module.  I haven't used it, but it looks pretty
robust.  You can find out more about it using:
perldoc File::Find

I know that _Learning_Perl_ has a chapter on modules, but I've only used
a couple of the standard ones.  Does anyone else out there have pointers
to other useful tutorials?

I don't know how the functions within File::Find compare to the non-module
functions.

CPAN is a repository for perl modules.  If you're trying to do something
difficult in perl, it's a place to look so that you don't reinvent the
wheel.  On the other side, it's a place to post modules that you've
written that you think will be useful for others to reuse.

                                        /\/\ark