Hi,
I've been teaching myself Perl and C in preparation for a new job. I've been
using Wrox's "Beginning Perl" and the Camel book for Perl, and K&R and the
Deitel&Deitel "How to program " for C. Does anyone know of a Perl
instruction book/web resource that has plenty of exercises (with example
answers) like the Deitel book for C?

The main problem I've had learning Perl is trying to separate out the "need
-to -know" stuff from the "very clever but you can get by without it" info,
esp in the manpages and the Camel book. Also I find the exercises in the
deitel book for C very useful for getting the syntax firmly learned.
This is my first post so hope it's suitable,

--
Dr Richard Adams

University of Edinburgh
Kings Buildings,