Hello all,

Quick question on building a new version of Perl.  I have a Solaris 2.6 box
that has Perl 5.005_3 on it and want to install a new version of perl.  My
version of gcc has been upgraded to 3.0.3.  Perl quits during the
configuration when it can't compile a simple C program that prints a
statement to the screen.

What is the recommended version of GCC for compiling Perl 5.6.1?
I it 2.95.3?

Another thing.....the reason I have gcc 3.0.3 is because my new install of
Mysql 3.23.22

Any help is appreciated.

Kevin