>> Could someone point me to a page that gives information about all the
>> pitfalls that are "available" when running a Perl or CGI script with the
>> suid bit set?

<snip - the expected stuff> :)

> If you really need setuid processes - then one of the
> principle tricks remains to have them 'spawned' from a
> nice harder to hack piece of compiled 'c' code.

So, basically, call a compiled c-code from my Perl-script, and have the
compiled c-code start the suid process?

[localhost:~/pictures] tor% cc
cc: No input files
[localhost:~/pictures] tor% c++
c++: No input files

Ah :)

Now I only need to learn how to program either C or C++ :)

The WWW security faq had an example, I'll work from that.

Thanks :)

Tor