Is there a particular line or lines of text that delimits each email?

-----Original Message-----
From: jc
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 5/6/02 11:03 PM
Subject: Piping mail spool through a Perl script?

Hello,

I inherited a project where we use a procmail filter to filter emails as

they come to our web server and pipe them through a perl script.  The
script called "filterme" goes through the email line by line and grabs
information on the email, puts it into an array, and when it is
finished,
it appends the data collected to a file, (a log file of sorts).

I have to redo this script to grab a different set of information, but I

need to filter existing emails already in the mail spool.  It was
suggested
to me that I could go to the mail folder (var/users/mail) and grab the
folder and then pipe all the files in the mail folder through the
"filterme" script.  However, when I look at the mailspool folder, I only

see one file that contains all the emails.  I was wondering if there was
way to somehow parse this file and pipe the results through the
"filterme"
script.

I realize I need more education in how email works and I am slowly
picking
through the sendmail book by O'Reilly.  But if anyone knows a simple
answer
to this, I would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance,

Joan Chyun