Hi -
        There must be an easy way to do this...but I can't figure it out. I want to
create a buffer of 8-bit bytes (to send to an external C++ application). The
perl script creates values 0 <= value <= 255 (it's 8 bit audio data) and I
want to put them into a perl scalar to pass to my C++ routine(s). I know I
have to pass the scalar length also beacuse I cannot depend upon a NULL
terminator.
        I've got the perl-to-C++ interface working fine...
        :-(
Aloha - Beau.