On Tuesday, May 14, 2002, at 06:16 , Jorge Goncalvez wrote:
[..]

> And I wanted to extract Guest (without the quotes)i tried this:

that could be your problem - the /PATTERN/i - is
for 'case insensitive' - hence would catch both DOG and dog or dOg....
[..]

> It didn't worked why? What's wrong in my code?
> thanks.

may I offer the alternative approach of say:

http://www.wetware.com/drieux/pbl/Sys/ParseConfigFile.txt

if you are going to do the IO to open the file, read it all
into a hash..... and then worry about what to do with the
details of the hash as time goes by.

You'll notice that I am 'cheating' by using the Inline::Files
to virtually implement my file - but that is not that ugly.

ciao
drieux

---