On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 11:09:05PM -0700, patrick hall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I "reset" the server that CPAN searches, and
> do you have any recommendations for good ones?
>
> I always get to that point in CPAN where it says "what
> server do you want to use?" and I think to myself,
> "Uh, Walmart?"

That usually only happens if the CPAN module cannot connect to outside
servers.  Are you connected to the internet, are proxy-settings correct
or do you notice any error messages before you get asked for a server
name?

CPAN's normal behaviour is to offer a by-continent, then by-country list
of servers to chose from and only inputs a name if it cannot fetch the
mirror list.

--
                       If we fail, we will lose the war.

Michael Lamertz                        |      +49 221 445420 / +49 171 6900 310
Nordstr. 49                            |                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
50733 Cologne                          |                 http://www.lamertz.net
Germany                                |               http://www.perl-ronin.de