On Wednesday, May 15, 2002, at 02:48 , Connie Chan wrote:

>> you might want to think in terms
>>
>> $filelist = your_search_script_result($dir, $recurse, $pattern,
>> $suffix);
>
> Hmm... I don't know, and not sure =)
> The writer mensioned he already wrote the script for searching matched
> files,and suppose it would get the file as a list...

Good Point!!!!

I just thought that we would move along to how things like
this can get extended for 'code re-use' - rather than having
to make a single function that we use once in this script
and then rewrite it for the next....

{ I do both - I still take myself out and argue
with me as to why I was wrong to do it that way... }

>> unlink($_) for @$filelist ;
>
> Heehee...... Thanks a lot !!!

I think when I showed up they were in the middle of
one of the annual jihauds about which form was better
and more writter....

> I really don't know for loop can be writtern
> in this way. My complement, why I try to respond something what I knew,
> because it sometimes give me some smater ideas on the same stuff. =)

If you have a good idea - toss it up - if it can be
made better someone is gonna offer you the fist six
TIMTOWTDI - some yahoo will bench mark them - and
four auther's will argue about how it should have been
documented correctly....

{ and or I will take myself out and argue with me... }

>> the second nit is that it appears that passing a reference
>> to the array seems to be reasonably mo-betta.... YMMV.
>

> btw, what is YMMV ?!

YMMV - your mileage may vary....

If you have watched bob and harry go around the
n-options for doing the fastest grep to uniq arrays....

One day pass by reference is the wave - but for code
that reads like line noise.... then its pass an array back,
not a reference to the array.... Or you should have done
it with a RealHash.....

ciao
drieux

---