On Friday, May 17, 2002, at 07:04 , Jerry Preston wrote:

> Hi!

we can trade here...

> Can perl deal with vx or vmx?  I can access "tip hardwire", but lose
> control
> because I do not know to do an <enter> that is required.  I need to be
> able
> and reset the controller clock.  I have tried to telnet into the
> controller
> via vx, bit I have idea on what commands to use.

'return' in perl is "\n" - a blank 'newline'.

Net::Telnet will expect that you know what the command line
prompt will look like - but once that it done, you really
should not have a lot of problem...

also have a peek at
        use Text::ParseWords;

it should help sort out what was sent to you and the like.

now for me 'vx' is a ChemWarfare agent, so I rather
do hope that when you say 'tip hardwire' - that you
are doing this in a Class A lab - that stuff is nasty.

ciao
drieux

---