On Thursday, May 23, 2002, at 01:01 , Felix Geerinckx wrote:
> on Thu, 23 May 2002 19:51:07 GMT, Drieux wrote:
>
>> the trick of course is that to an arbitrary port you may
>> really want to be at the
>
> You can specify a port number in Net::Telnet->new(...)

oh heavens yes... but that would be too simple....

what's the fun in that??? - the trick in that of course
is making sure that one has a clean delimeter for the
'prompt' sequencer - otherwise you are back to needing
to know EOM - { "end of message" for the non-TLA enabled }
so that one knows whether the remote end asserted

        'over'

or

        'out'

just like in the early days of voice based wireless telography.[1]

At which point one really should get down into the innards
and do the right thing about architecting a MOM { message
oriented model } and grok it from the innards out....

or am I just being too old fashion here????

ciao
drieux

---

[1] and NO children you can NOT say

        'over and out'

that means

                I will not be listening."

I don't CARE what the Red Hollywood Elite has propogandized,
that is an EVIL BAD THING and socially rude....

people will signal ZDK on that one.