Ron Powell [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] quoth:
*>I was recently reading Linux Administrators Handbook (by the same folks who
*>wrote Unix System Administrators Handbook) and it mentioned that you could
*>write a perl script to add users, set their passwords, etc.
*>
*>The question is, could someone point me to a faq (faq only, please - I'm
*>keen to try it myself first) containing the appropriate information?
*>Originally, I was going to write a shell script that used "expect"...  but
*>I'd much rather use perl for it.

The Perl FAQ, http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/CPAN/perl/pod/perlfaq8.html,
covers parts of this, CPAN has a scripts section
http://cpan.valueclick.com/scripts/admin/ that has a few examples, and
usually most Unix variants these days come with 'useradd' or 'adduser' or
some other similarly obfuscated name :)

e.