don't think there is a way to get the full path. The only way I can think of is by
concatening the results of the readdir with the $path that you used for opening the
directory.

-----Original Message-----
From: Torres, Jose [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 10:41 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: iterating over the contents of a directory

Thanks for your help everyone. I had a related question. It looks like
readdir just return relative filenames and not absolute ones. Is there a
way/method to return absolute filenames? For example, if I'm in /home/docs
that has a text file (foo.txt) and I call readdir, I want to return
/home/docs/foo.txt instead of just foo.txt. I could theoretically just
append foo.txt to a "/home/docs/" prefix, but I'm trying to make my code
more generic and not hard-code everything if possible. Thank you.

-Jose