On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 17:05, Lance Prais wrote:
> [Chas],
>   Thank you, you made me realize the value of indention like never before.
> In the past I used the "=?" to return results form the query but in this
> case when I used in and run this script it does not error out but instead
> the query returns no values?  Could that be because there are leading or
> trailing spaces. My understanding is that the Chomp would take care of that.
> Am I wrong in my assumption?
>
> Thanks again
> Lance

The chomp function removes the trailing newline character (actually it
removes whatever is in $/ variable, but that is usually \n so it doesn't
really matter).  In this case $ln looks like a number so you could say
"$ln += 0;" which would force $ln to contain a number instead of a
string (thus getting rid of spaces).  If spaces are not the problem then
try running the query by hand in sql*plus (or toad if you have it) to
make sure it is not a problem with the query.

--
Today is Prickle-Prickle the 3rd day of Confusion in the YOLD 3168
This statement is false.

Missile Address: 33:48:3.521N  84:23:34.786W