Hi,

I've a Win 2K command console executable.  Once this .exe is launched, its
output goes to STDOUT.  And, this output consists of text and html, in
size, just about the amount for a small to medium web page.  Also want to
strip and discard the html from the output so as to capture only the text.

So, want to know how for Perl to launch the .exe then Perl capture from
STDOUT into either a text file or a variable as my final goal is to view
such captured output in a text editor.

I'm not sure but guess the next line would launch

system(cmdlinutil.exe);

Any help appreciated ie places to look, examples of code.

I'm Newbie just enough to grasp many of the front to near mid book portions
of Learning Perl and keep on studying and practicing.

Thanks.  Alan.