volks,

it's crisis time in uncle drieux's neighborhood, so that
I could simplify the code maintenance I opted to use a variable
inside another loop that is based upon the Max index value of
the keys in %decrHash - all of which are ints....

        #
        # what we use so we do not have to  change the code below
        #
        my $decrCount=0;
        #
        # one way to implement 'get Max Index'
        #
        for ( keys %decrHash ) { $decrCount = $_ if ( $_ > $decrCount) ;}

the other one liner would look like:

        my ($decrCount) = sort { $b <=> $a } keys %decrHash;

I really wanted to do that with a 'shift' on the list returned
by sort - but it whined at me and I told it to go away and just
opted to list context the $decrCount, and throw away the rest
of the data.....

now I want to do which one of these for what reason again????

ciao
drieux

---

OH MY GOD, THE CLOSING CURLY BRACE IS WINKING AT ME AGAIN....

Make it STOP! Make It STOP!