At 07:44 2002.06.02, Zysman, Roiy wrote:
> [...]

with regex, something like

should work. This looks for any character except the '/' at the end of the string and
store the result in $1. Note that /foo/bar/ would match an empty string since the path
ends with a '/'.

Myself, I prefer to use the File::Basename module.

perldoc File::Basename for more information.

Best