From: "Josh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Ok Heres the deal :) I have a script to write to a dat file and the
> basic output in the dat file is
>
> username:plan: so an example would be
> computer:50: meaning the username computer has 50 hours of paid dialup
> access.
>
> Now Lets say "computer" calls and wishes to upgrade his account to 100
> hours, i need to figure out how to script it so that it replaces the
> number with the new one..know what i mean?
>
> Josh

You may like MJD's Tie::File ( http://perl.plover.com/TieFile/ )
It'll allow you to treat the file as an array. Including modifications
and deletions.

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me