On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 05:58:58PM -0700, tom poe wrote:
> I copied the dirs/files to the upgrade 5.6.1, but no change, so I go, OK,
> I'll make sure Pg.pm is copied over, then I'll get rid of the old one, and
> this is just weird.  Anyone have a thought about This?

Copying the files over manually is usually a bad idea.  Even if you do
manage to get all of the files (which you probably didn't, I will explain
later), the binary portions are probably not going to be compatible from one
version of perl to the next.  perl can be compiled to be binary-compatible,
but if so it should probably have also been compiled to look in the 5.6.0
directories.

Regardless, have you tried installing DBD::Pg from scratch?  That would be
the safest and most reliable method.

[other shell commands snipped]
> root@aether:/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i586-linux/DBD > locate DBD/Pg.pm
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i586-linux/DBD/Pg.pm
> root@aether:/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i586-linux/DBD > exit
> exit
> tompoe@aether:/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i586-linux/DBD > locate Pg.pm
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i586-linux/DBD/Pg.pm
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i586-linux/Pg.pm
> tompoe@aether:/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i586-linux/DBD >

I'm not sure exactly what you were trying to show with your shell commands.
Perhaps that DBD::Pg does exist.  Some commentary would've been useful.

Regardless, the .pm is only one portion of the DBD::Pg install.  There is
also a binary portion, probably installed in
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i586-linux/auto/DBD/Pg.  You could try
copying those files over as well, but, as I mentioned above, it'd be safer
and more reliable to simply reinstall.

Michael
--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net