Hi,
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm having a problem with
understanding "our".

I get the idea  of my, and also variable declared without a qualifier is
visible to all packages/modules..also that $package::varname can be used to
access a global variable in another package...

But the more I read the camel book the more confused I get, especially about
the lexical scoping of our..if it's lexically scoped how can it be global??
Does declaring  "our $a" refer to a previously declared $a in another
package/module, with the lexical scoping keeping it within a block of the
current package?

Any help in clearing the fog from my brain greatly appreciated...

--
 Richard Adams

University of Edinburgh
Kings Buildings,