On Wednesday, June 5, 2002, at 05:18 , Ron Powell wrote:
> <SNIP>
>> %
>> % or which ever your KULT fave login world is, and then sort
>> % out which path thingies belong where - ala
>> %
>> %    if( $ARCH == "sgi" ) then
>>
>> Ahhh!  If/elseif trees!  Ick!
>>
> <SNIP>
>
> See, a great place for a SWITCH statement (*snicker*)
> /me runs away

That is Not Funny Young Man, why in my day we
had respect for our Elders and did what they
meant not what they said....

May I introduce you to what I gracefully refer to as

        marelich's law:

        "so let me see if I have this straight drieux,
                all of your rules are written by the finger of god
                until you find something cooler?"

So let's all please wait until I am dead before we
decide which exactly were the canonical rules of uncle drieux...

on second thought, let's not try to execute on that
plan pre-maturely....

ciao
drieux

---

I don't know which is worse - that they read my concerns
about abusing switch statements - or that they are such
annoying whiners that they notice that at times there are
legitimate uses of switch statements.....

what EVER are we going to do if we actually hand over
nuclear weapons release authority to these kids......