Date sent:              Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:19:48 +0200 (METDST)
From:                   David vd Geer Inhuur tbv IPlib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                print

> Hi,
>
> I am struggling with something very stupid.
> I know the print syntax, but I would like to use the "print <<EOF"
>
> I have been searching all books for the exact syntax, but just can't
> find it. Can anyone help ?
>
> Exa:
>
> print <<EOF
>
> All these lines
> will have to be
> printed
> until I give an:
>
> EOF

> This does not work, where do I have to put the ";" and what am I
> missing ?

At the end of the
        print <<EOF;

Also even though it's not necessary it's better to enclose the
delimiter in quotes. That way you know for sure whether the here-
doc will behave as a single- or double-quoted string :

        print <<"EOF";
        Some $variable content
        EOF
        print <<'EOF';
        Some $things that
        are not interpolated
        EOF

Also keep in mind that the end marker must bet the only thing on
the line, there cannot be any space before nor after it on line.

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me