On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 09:35:52AM -0400, Jason Frisvold wrote:
> Is anyone here familiar with DBD::CSV?  I seem to be hitting a limit (I
> think) but I'm not sure how to figure it out...  I have a CSV file with
> about 114 columns in it
[snip]
> I think I'm hitting a max column limit
[snip]

What makes you think you're hitting a column number limit?

I've got a working program that parses a 150-column CSV file into a mysql
database.  It uses a small portion of the columns, but it does use columns
near the end.  I doubt you're running into a limit.

> I'm afraid to parse it by hand because I'm afraid that if I use a simple
> split(/,/, $_) that I'll wind up splitting something that shouldn't be
> split...

Good, don't use split.  CSV is not that simple.

> Anyone have any clue as to if there is a limit with DBD::CSV here?  Or
> am I going to have to spend the time to build the robust parser I need?

Even if DBD::CSV has a limit, it would very likely be arbitrary, and your
time would be better spent fixing it so it didn't have the limitation.

Michael
--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net
Programmer, System Administrator   www.gallanttech.com