Nikola, et al --

...and then Nikola Janceski said...
%
% ...

Fixed to .. per your followup, but I still don't get it.

%
%
% is the operator.
%
% for ( 1 .. 1000 ){
%       print "$_\n";
%       }

I just don't see how this would help him.  What this will do is spit out a
bunch of numbers, right?  What he wants is to parse an array of numbers,
picking out each start point and end point for separate intervals and
then note something that I don't yet know (an every-Nth-frame frequency
specifier, perhaps?).

Rasoul, I remember mucking about with this sort of thing in my classes
long ago.  You're probably going to have to build a little parser that can
understand your notion of ranges.  Something like

  loop over the input array
  {
    grab the first item
      is it a range with a freq specifier? (x-y:z)
      is it a range? (x-y)
      is it a simple number? (x)
      now you have a beginning (x)
      now you have an end candidate (x)
      if it's a range, now you have an end (y?)
        if not, move over one
          if this is a range then throw it back
          if this is one more than $end
            now you have a new end candidate
            loop until it isn't one more than $end
            throw it back
      now you have an end
      recall your freq specifier or use the default
      store the triple (beg, end, freq) in an array element
  }
  spit out the array of triples, one element per line

sounds like a starting point for your algorithm.  Looking into lex and
yacc might help.

Good luck :-)

HTH & HAND

:-D