On Tuesday, June 11, 2002, at 08:40 , bob ackerman wrote:
[..]
> this is what is failing.
> when i try this POST from the shell command line, i get:
> echo 'RC=@D&ACCT="root"&PSWD="71:29:26"&URL="admin"' | POST -u -U -s -S
> -e -x 'http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/logi'
[..]
> LWP::UserAgent::request: Simple response: Internal Server Error
> POST http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/logi
>
> POST http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/logi --> 500 EOF instead of reponse
> status line

Woo Hoo!!!!

You force it to give up an internal server bug...

This you can actually send to the vendor and say,

        "Uh, like Dude, I was trying to automate
                around your web interface, and Like,
                uh, why does your cgi-bin code here hurl a 500
                error out???"

and pad a bit with the 'is this a security risk'...

be polite.

There could be the need to triple guard that @D
thingie with

this way we make sure it got into the game safely

ciao
drieux

---