Think you need to use \Q$string\E

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikola Janceski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 11:05 AM
To: Beginners (E-mail)
Subject: literal to regex

I want to convert a bunch of strings to regexs but I want all special
characters to be interpreted as themselves literally.
so . will be \. and * will \*.

so what do I need to change here:

my @idl_object_ext = map { qr/$_/ }
                qw( _g.h s_g.cc c_g.cc );

Delivery Queue
<http://www/reldist-bin/build/assign/listassign.cgi?reverse=on>

Nikola Janceski
Summit Systems, Inc.
212-896-3400

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)