push (@myVar, @$_) for @$stats;
push (@myVar, @$_) for @$totals;
push (@myVar, $_)  for @$loads;

-----Original Message-----
From: Kipp, James [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 10:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: combining data structures into one array

I have a subroutine that returns 3 array refs. so i have:
my ($stats, $totals, $loads) = gets_stats();
$stats and $totals are reference to arrays of arrays. $loads is just a ref
to an array. what i want to do is is combine each "record" of each array
into one. here is how the structures look:
$stats -> @array -> [user, cpu, mem]
$totals -> @array -> [tot_cpu, tot_mem]
$loads -> [load1, load2]

so i would like to itereate through the records of each of these arrays and
end up with
@stats = [ user, cpu, mem, tot_cpu, tot_mem, load1, load2]
[ ..another record...]
[ ..another record...] ...etc....