From:                   "Bradley J. Seward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I'm not sure as to proper naming scheme, so bear with me...
>
> When I parse my input line, the url thingy,
> http://www...stuff....cgi?newuser, the if statement works and jumps to
> the correct subroutine which displays an html page with a form.  When
> this form is submitted it goes to http://www...stuff....cgi?saveuser,
> howeever when parsed it never reaches its elsif statement.  Here's an
> excerpt:
>

> &parse_input($keyword);
>
> &print_header;
>
> if ($keyword{'newuser'})

Sorry to bother but the two "keyword" variables are completely
unrelated.

The parse_input() function gets a scalar variable $keyword, the
$keyword{'newuser'} accesses the hash variable %keyword.

Since you did not include the definition of parse_input() nor the
name of the module you import it from we cannot say anything more.

Except that ... you should
        use CGI;

Jenda
=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me