From: "Shishir K. Singh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >How exactly does on pre-compile the regex? I would be interested in
> >seeing this.
>
> >[Jess]
>
> Three cases:
> a) Hardcode - /(\w{5})(something)(\w{5})/
> b) Intepolate variable in the search variable, value remaining
> constant throughout the program
>    $var = something
>    /(\w{5})(something)(\w{5})/o
>
> c) If the value is going to change,
>    then use eval to  build up a whole block

And the fourth:

$compiled_reg_exp = qr/(\w{5})($something)(\w{5})/;

while (<>) {
        if ($_ =~ $compiled_reg_exp) {

You can prepare an array of compiled regexps if you need.

See
        perldoc perlre

Jenda
=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me