eric-perl wrote at Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:16:45 +0200:

> What the heck is Bundle::CPAN? What is going on? It seems like it's installing a
>completely new
> version of Perl or something. (It wanted to know where my C compiler is and where it
>should
> install stuff!!!)

>From the Documentation of Bundle::CPAN
NAME
       Bundle::CPAN - A bundle to play with all the other modules on CPAN

SYNOPSIS
       "perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::CPAN'"

CONTENTS
       File::Spec

       Digest::MD5

       Compress::Zlib

       Archive::Tar

       Bundle::libnet

       Term::ReadKey

       Term::ReadLine::Perl # sorry, I'm discriminating the ::Gnu module

       CPAN::WAIT

       CPAN

DESCRIPTION
       This bundle includes CPAN.pm as the base module and CPAN::WAIT, a plugin for
the first WAIT based CPAN search engine.

       When CPAN installs this bundle it tries immediately to enable Term::ReadLine so
that you do not need to restart your
       CPAN session.

       Compress::Zlib needs as a prerequisite the zlib library. Currently (January
1998) this library is not shipped with the
       Compress::Zlib distribution.

       In this bundle Term::ReadLine::Perl is preferred over Term::ReadLine::Gnu
because I expect that it gives less problems
       on portability.

       Note that all modules in this Bundle are not strict prerequisites to get a
working CPAN.pm. CPAN.pm can work quite well
       without the other modules (except for Net::FTP which is really highly
recommended). The other modules are just goodies
       that make using CPAN.pm more fun.

Greetings,
Janek